Here are several websites, resources, and apps that I have found helpful in my classroom. They are listed in no particular order.
Of course I can't stress enough the importance of our fabulous website Quaver as well as another website we use called Music Play Online. Both are different music curriculum sites which our elementary music department utilizes. There is a student dashboard element to both of these curriculum as well as a student interactives homepage. Clicking the separate links below will automatically take you to your student/class log-in page for each of those individual sites. I have a designated page on this blog set aside for those individually (see individual page tabs above or links directly below). From there, all you have to do is enter your class code and/or student code (which has been given to you by your teacher ahead of time) and "Ta-Da," a world of exploration, creation, improvisation, and so much more awaits you. There is also an app that you can download as well for the Quaver site. Feel free to check it out in iTunes.
- QUAVER SITE - https:/www.quavermusic.com/Default.aspx
- MUSIC PLAY ONLINE SITE - https://musicplayonline.com/modules/
MUSIC AT HOME WEBSITES:
- Willard R2 Music Dept. Resource Collection - a link to instructions on logging into Quaver as well as many other resources embedded with in the Google Slides presentation.
- Music Distance Learning At Home - https://bit.ly/2WsYlb9
- The Ultimate List of Online Music Education Games - https://bit.ly/33uEHgm
- (great, ultimate list of any music education games you could possibly want or need)!!!
VARIOUS MUSIC SITES FOR HOME OR OTHER USE:
1. Classics For Kids: http://www.classicsforkids.com/
2. Dallas Symphony Orchestra for Kids: http://www.dsokids.com/
3. San Francisco Orchestra for Kids: http://www.sfskids.com/templates/splash.asp
4. Classical Music Archives: http://www.classicalarchives.com/?navID=0
5. Music Education Madness Site: http://www.musiceducationmadness.com/downloads.shtml
6. Music K8 Site for Kids: Kid Tunes: http://www.musick8.com/
7. New York Philharmonic Symphony for Kids: http://www.nyphilkids.org/main.phtml?
8. Musical Mystery Game: http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/schools/4_11/music/mm/
9. The Music Interactive Site: http://www.themusicinteractive.com/TMI/The_Music_Interactive_-_Welcome.html
10. Bulletin Boards For The Music Classroom: http://www.musicbulletinboards.net/
11. Discovery Education: http://www.discoveryeducation.com/
12. Primary Music Resources: http://www.primaryresources.co.uk/music/music.htm
13. Sphinx Kids! Classical... : http://www.sphinxkids.org/
14. Creating Music: http://www.creatingmusic.com/
15. Young's Bouncy "A" Music Activities and Lessons: http://www.covenantworks.com/Bouncy-A/Music/index.htm
16. From The Top At Carnegie Hall: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/fromthetop/pages/
17. Jazz; A Film By Ken Burns: http://www.pbs.org/jazz/
18. Nashville Symphony Orchestra for Kids: http://www.nashvillesymphony.org/nsokids/
19. A great list of various interactive music site: http://www.vrml.k12.la.us/music/interactive/interactives.htm
20. Arts Alive; National Arts Centre: http://www.artsvivants.ca/en/
21. Nursery Rhyme - Various Sites and Resources: http://webtech.kennesaw.edu/jcheek3/mother_goose.htm
22. Berliner Philharmoniker Digital Concert Hall
23. DLTK's Growing Together (Children's Songs, Fairy Tales, and Nursery Rhymes): http://www.dltk-teach.com/rhymes/index.htm