Sunday, May 4, 2014

Must Have Monday - Tips For Elementary Music Teaching

3 1/2 weeks and counting!! The longer I teach, the faster the years go by. Funny thing is, the faster the summers go by too :)!! This blog is in response to a colleagues blog link-up idea. Thanks Amy Abbott for the great idea. You can find her blog by clicking on this picture.



1.  My "MUST HAVE'S" from my own personal Teachers Pay Teachers collection/store would have to be my Peter and the Wolf  SMART BOARD Lesson as well as my Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite Unit of Study for the Christmas season.  This particular lesson comes in multiple formats (PDF, PPT, & SMART NOTEBOOK).  I absolutely love doing both of these units with my students!!  Come check them out!!!  Listening maps, games, video clips, etc. 





2.  WOW...how do I limit my "MUST HAVE'S" that I've purchased from fellow TpT friends/colleagues to just one or two shout outs?  I just can't!!  There are SO MANY!!  If I had to pick my most recent favorites, it would be these two product lines - Lindsay Jervis's Ready Set Print Worksheet Sets (she is currently building a product line of these) & Amy Abbott's (a.k.a. Music a la Abbott) Staff Safari adventure products.  Both of these products have given my lessons that extra pizzazz I was needing!!  Thanks ladies!!  




3.  My wishlist keeps growing and growing...it's currently sitting at 387 items :).  I think it's safe to say that I have either a clip art addiction or a shopping addiction or perhaps both!!!  During this upcoming site wide sale, I'm hoping to pick up this adorable product by another fellow music TpT seller, Brittany De Laruelle, Spring Color by Solfege - So & Mi Practice.   


The other product that I plan on purchasing is made by one of my favorite clip art contributors on TpT - Educlips.  I absolutely LOVE everything they do.  I would say that the majority of my clip art that I've purchased is from this artist.  Cowboys and Cowgirls is going to be the next addition to my collection.



I hope you have found some helpful and useful tips from this link - up blog entry!!  PLEASE subscribe, follow, etc. my blog.  You can also find me on Facebook, Pinterest, and on Teachers Pay Teachers.  Click the links below to follow me.

Musically Yours,
Erin Kuchta




No comments:

Post a Comment